Get Help
Print Friendly
Add This

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​IT IS OKAY

to seek help if you are having difficulties coping with your thoughts and feelings, or your daily life. You may want to reach out to the support systems in your life, i.e. your friends, family, school counsellor, or even a mental health professional to help you through.

IT MAY BE A BUMPY RIDE. You may have to persist through treatment sessions before you see results. You may even have to switch a few mental health professionals before you can find someone with the "best fit". However, taking charge of your mental wellbeing is important and essential to living well.

​Mental health check​

CHAT provides personalized and confidential mental health checks for young persons between 16 and 30 who are currently living in Singapore. Through the mental health check with our qualified mental health professionals at CHAT, you could gain an understanding of what's happening and explore ways to make it better. Learn More.

Operating hours: Tues - Sat: 12pm - 9pm (excl. Public Holidays)​

Book an Appointment for yourself​​​​ ​​Book an A​ppointment for someone you know​​ ​ FAQ


​CHAT provides webCHAT as an alter​native platform for young people to get in the moment support for their emotional concerns. Our mental health professionals are here to help young people gain better clarity of their situation, to get the support that they need.

Operating hours: Tues - Sat: 1pm - 8pm (excl. Public Holidays)​

Click the CHAT icon at the bottom right corner of the page to start chatting. 


​ Frequently Asked Questions

Will CHAT's Mental Health Check be included in my medical records?
No. Records from CHAT's mental health checks are kept in CHAT's data depository, and will be referenced should you seek help from CHAT again in the future. Our records exist separately from the National Electronic Health Records (NEHR), the unified data platform used by public healthcare institutions in Singapore. 

However, if you consent to a referral by CHAT to a psychiatrist, the information from your mental health check at CHAT may be in your medical records. Do speak to your youth support worker if you have any concerns about this. 

If I visit a psychiatrist, will it be stored in my medical records?
If the psychiatrist’s clinic/institution participates in the National Electronic Health Records System (NEHR)*, there will be records of your visits in this system.
However, only those involved directly in your care, i.e. your treatment team, are allowed to access your records. Employers or insurance companies cannot access your medical records without your signed consent, as dictated by the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA).

The detailed notes your psychiatrist takes during consultations also cannot be accessed by others on NEHR, unless they are in the same treatment team, in the same hospital.+

*See Institutions Participating in the National Electronic Health Records System (NEHR) for full list of participating private and public institutions.
+ See Frequently Asked Questions (ihis.com.sg)​ for fuller details about the NEHR, including types of data shared.

Do I need to declare my mental health records to my school/employer?
You do not need to declare your records to your school/employer, and neither can they access you mental health records without your signed consent, as dictated by the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA). You may only need to declare your mental health history to your potential employer if it is a job-related requirement. Please refer to TAFEP’s website for more information.

Some individuals might choose to declare their mental health history for a variety of reasons. Declaring your mental health history can create the opportunity for open discussion with the organisation and/or the management, allowing you and the organisation to see if you would be a good fit. Your management might also be better able to allocate tasks to you that leverage on your abilities, and better understand how they can support you at work.

At the end of the day, if you find yourself struggling with your mental health, it is important to ensure that you seek help early. With timely and appropriate mental health support or treatment, people can pursue school, work, and other activities while leading fulfilling lives.

Will I be able to obtain a legal medical memo after the Mental Health Check (MHC)?
CHAT is unable to provide medical memos for legal purposes. Legal medical memos can only be issued by licensed medical doctors. If you require a medical memo on your mental health state, you may consider seeing a GP at a polyclinic or private clinic, or a psychiatrist at a public hospital or private clinic.